Welcome to Mrs. B.'s Blog!













Friday, February 10, 2012

Sight Word Testing

I have tested most of the Grade Ones on the first 100 Fry words (apples, suns, leaves and pencils).  The expectation for the March report card is:

  • 4 - Strong Grade Level Performance   90+/100 Sight words
  • 3 - At Grade level  - 75-89 Sight words
  • 2 - approaching grade level - 65-74 Sight words
  • 1 - experiencing difficulty with grade level material - 0-64 Sight words
I will be sending a copy of your child's sight word test home on Monday.  I will also be sending a package of cards for you to make sight words with.  Please practice all the sight words and especially concentrate on the ones that your child missed on the test.  Please note:  testing was done on a 2 second timing unless I indicated differently on your child's sheet.  This is sufficient time for recall but not time for sounding out.

I have not tested all the students at this time so I will send the class average on Monday as well.
The test for the report card will be March 12-15 so be sure to study lots before then!  I have given this information to you now so you can study over the February break as well.

Please concentrate on learning these first 100 now.  I will not test again on individual levels until after the March report card.  However, if you child has mastered these words (90+), you can continue practicing his or her next level of words.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment