Welcome to Mrs. B.'s Blog!













Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22-25

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!  I was busy painting!

1. Oratory results - Congratulations to Levi, Morgan, Nadia, Blake for placing in the Oratory competition!  Congratulations to the whole Grade one class for placing first!  Complete results in the Monday memo.  Certificates will be presented at the assembly on May 28.

2.  Sight word test - we will resume our regular sight word testing for Friday.  I will be testing the students on all 200 words the first week of June.

3.  Winding Down - we have a lot of tired kids!  I know we all have spring fever but please make sure to practice spelling, Home Reading etc until the end!  We have completed the CAT tests but will be doing the GRADE reading test in June and have lots to cover yet before then!

4.  Ties - we are in need of old ties still for a special project!

5.  Payment for crafts - I have only received one payment of $8.00 for crafts.  This is actually out of my own pocket as the school doesn't cover the cost of  'special day' projects!  I'd appreciate reimbursement.  Thanks!

6.  Field trip - I am in the planning stages for a field trip in early June.  I'm hoping that parents could drive.  Let me know if you think you would be available.  More on the trip soon.  Also, we will be going to Sandy Beach again at the end of June with the Grade 2 class.


No comments:

Post a Comment