Welcome to Mrs. B.'s Blog!













Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of Writing!/Peanut Butter Alternative

Today we began writing in our Journals.  The students drew a picture of the thing they did this summer that was the most fun!  Then, I modeled 'writing' the sentence.  Each child then wrote his or her own sentence!  I was pleasantly surprised at how many letters sounds they knew and some even could spell words (way to go, Adam, Ainsley, Burke, Kamryn and Blake!).  I told Mrs. Hunter about it and she was very proud of them also!


We are settling nicely into our routine but it is HOT!  Don't want to complain at all, but they are very tired by about 2:00!  So, we've had lots of Centertime!


I was also very proud of the Grade Ones today as this was the first day the Kindergarten students joined us for Phys. Ed. The Grade Ones acted as teachers and helpers today and did a wonderful job of showing the K's the rules in the gym.  This is especially neat to see because I remember when they were the K's and how little they were!  They grow up quickly!

Tomorrow is a screening by the Division/Health unit for Color vision.  Each child will have a quick screen.  This is new this year so I will let you know more about it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the emails and notes in agendas.  I appreciate the communication.

Andrea Allen passed on some info to me today.  We are a nut-free school but if your child loves peanut butter (and who doesn't!)  there is a great alternative.  It's called Wow butter and can be purchased at Walmart.  I will definitely be checking it out as I love peanut butter!  Thanks, Andrea!

No comments:

Post a Comment