Welcome to Mrs. B.'s Blog!













Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tub Words etc

We began our 'tub words' today (those margarine tubs you sent)!  These are really just the first Level 1A Fry words (or apple words).  We cut apart 12 of the words (I, in, is, it, the, that, a, red, yellow, to, of, you) and did a number of activities to help us learn to read the words.  Happily, many of the students were able to recognize quite a few words!  And some didn't know any which is quite typical of a grade one class!

Next week I will send home the 25 apple words.  Please cut them apart and use them as flash cards to help your child learn the words.  After a few weeks (I'll set a date)  I will test them on the words.  Now, some will know all the words and move on to the next level.  Some won't know them all and will practice the words for another week or several weeks.  This is an individual Sight Word Program as all the children will learn at their own rate.  I just ask that you do practice frequently!  The night before the test just isn't enough!!!!

I will send a list of activities you can use to have fun learning the sight words in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment