Welcome to Mrs. B.'s Blog!













Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thank you, everyone, for your heartfelt and generous outpouring of compassion to the Livingston family at this very sad time.  I know that Valorie and the children are touched byyour kindness.  I'd like to thank Jennifer Rutherford for her helpfulness to Valorie at this time.  When you need one most, God sends down an angel.  Thanks, Jennifer, for what you have done and will continue to do.  We will send more information soon about ways the community can continue to help.

Christmas Concert, December 19th
Practicing is going smoothly!  Wow!

Girls - Now, the girls are going to wear 'sparkly' dresses for our piece.  I have these costumes at school from a previous time.  I am going to send these home with the girls today so you can look at them and decide what they need to wear.  They need to wear something under the dress that can't been seen such as shorts, short dress etc.  I'd like them just to be able to pull the dress over their heads at school and then be able to take them off after the concert.  I may use them another year!
  Please send the dress back to school before the concert so we can practice in them. 

Boys need to wear pants, a shirt and a tie. A dress shirt is best but a plain T-shirt or sweatshirt is fine also.  Please don't go to an expense for 3 minutes on stage.   I have some sparkly ties at school so if you don't have one, let me know.  They are supposed to look 'cool'.  They will be wearing hats which I will supply.  They can just wear their school shoes.

They will need to come to my classroom by 6:30 please so we can get organized.  The students will then sit at the front of the gym during the performance.  You will want to come early to get a good seat!

We traditionally hold a dress rehearsal on the morning of the 18th.  So, if you have a grandparent etc that would like to come and can't make the performance, they are welcome to come to dress rehearsal.  I'll make sure to send the Dress rehearsal time closer to the concert date.

I will test on Sight Words tomorrow.

Spelling words Unit #9  - test on Monday, December 10
1.  pet
2.  get
3.  let
4.  fed
5.  red
6.  said
7.  Santa
8.  tree

Did I mention how much I enjoy this class!?  We are writing Christmas 'informational' stories right now and they are so funny!!!!  And impressive at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment